Thursday, July 28, 2005

How was it? (an e-mail to Kristy Kroeker)

Hello Kristy. I don’t know where to begin with the whole wedding experience. It was powerful, fun magical- Jan describes it as a love fest. I don’t know what happened to make it what it was, but everyone just opened and spilled- there was time for the ladies to giggle and tell secrets, some racous dancing, a lot of great music, intergenerational singing, crazy outfits….It seemed we let of of our colors fly and the older generation opened their arms wide- even my republican ex-cop dad (who cried many times during the process). For me, I felt like I exposed myself to my family in a way I never have, and they loved me more for it. It was some deep acceptance and affirmation. I also at times was grumpy and weepy and wished I had endless energy and not such a key role in the event so I could soak up every second, but that was such a minor subplot. Overall, by the time I was walking down the aisle, I felt so loved and supported (and adorned and pampered- I was glad I really went for it) that I felt kind of like I was floating. It was overall, truly the most important and special experience of my life so far. For that, I feel eternally grateful- so thank-you for asking and being there in spirit. With lots of love, Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home